Monday, September 30, 2013

Tennessee


I thought I would do an update for our family and friends...Today marks week 5 since we have been in West Tennessee! The church sent sweet people  to our apartment at the Seminary to come help load our stuff  up and they helped us move. When we arrived to our new community we had what felt like millions of people from the church helping unload the Uhaul. They helped us set up beds and get us somewhat settled in! The members of our church are very sweet and thoughtful! We are very thankful for their kindness and big hearts!!!  Our life is finally settling down since we moved. No need to go through all of the details but we ended up having to find a different house than the one we thought we would be living in. For 15 long days we slept in the house we originally thought we were going to live in with the majority of our stuff still in boxes. It wasn't exactly how we wanted to start ministry here but God had it as a part of the plan for some reason. God helped us find a house-He provided like He always does--and yet I still doubt Him every time--stupid sheep I am!!! We feel very welcomed  here. We love our  new church and the people in this community. We are excited to do ministry here and feel very blessed that God sent us here. We are very excited to serve under our Pastor. He loves the Word and desires for the church and community to be in love with the Word! My hubby and him are pretty likeminded.   On Wednesday nights the church is doing the Gospel Project which is really neat. I am personally ecstatic for 2014 because the WHOLE church from  babies – to the young at hearts will be reading the Bible in chronological order! I love that what we will be learning at church we will be able to talk about  at home with our children since we will all be studying the same thing at the same time.- So SIMPLISTIC!  Kinda neat since SIMPLISTIC was my “word for the year” almost 2 years ago when Mark D. from my home church challenged the church to pray about a word for the year! Who knew the last almost 2 years, God would continue to teach me simplicity. I am so pumped to see what God will do with a body of believers at Mary’s Chapel who will live simplistically biblical by going through the Word together!!! 

Our sweet princess is settling in pretty well for a toddler. She often says she wants to go to the children’s houses where I used to nanny. She doesn’t understand that we have a state in between us! I have to refrain from crying when she asks to go to their houses! I miss their families so much and so does K-B!  She loves to go to church. She enjoys the other children at church! She especially loves our Pastor’s youngest son that is about 8 or 9 months younger than her. She talks about him a lot…makes her daddy worried! ;)    I have to remind him she is TWO! No need to worry! J All in all I think she has handled our transition well!!!  J

We are excited to do the Great Commission here!!!
 " Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” ~Matt. 28:19-20
 

No comments:

Post a Comment