Sunday, January 6, 2013

What's New This New Year...

This New Year I started a new job! I am nannying for 2 wonderful, GODLY families!!! I have been a SAHM  and worked out of my home since Kaeley-Belle was born, so this is a change for our family!..A good change!!! I already love the children and their families very much!!! They are absolutely precious!!!  I also get to take Miss Kaeley-Belle to work with me!!! If you have read my blog since the beginning you know that before I had my precious baby girl, God really burdened my heart to make sure that I made faithful choices as her mother!!! I knew he was calling me to lay a godly foundation even in her very early days!!! Part of the foundation He was asking me to lay, was to be a SAHM! God made a way, and I stayed at home with my baby girl!!! :)
 I nanny 4 days a week, and basically do the same thing that I would do in my own home!!! Nannying for these families is a HUGE blessing!!! When I interviewed for the position, I asked the families what they would like me to work on with their children and they said teach them scriptures!!! My heart leaped for joy because that is right up my alley!!! Now I want to clarify something...these parents are not expecting me to be their childrens' primary source of spiritual food so to speak; these parents recognize that is their job!  I am blessed to have the opportunity to assist them in the process!!! SO my new mission field is caring for these families and my own!!!  I am very excited to work with both families!!! I am excited for what God has in store! I know He is all over this, because it is too much of a perfect fit for Him to not be all over it!!! This New Year my mission field is tea parties, bible studies, playing dress-up, crafting, singing songs, attending "concerts", reading books, making messes, cleaning up messes, and much more!!!! ;) What does your mission field look like this new year?????

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Col. 3:17

1 comment:

  1. Love this Brooke! So happy for you! Inspired by your desire to make every environment a mission field & look for wats to advance God's kingdom!

    Manda

    ReplyDelete