You know you are called to adopt when these bullet points make you lose sleep at night and convict you to MOVE! :)
- There are roughly 147 million orphans worldwide.
- If only 7% Born Again Christians adopted, it would put an end to the orphan crisis.
- James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
- Romans 8:12-17 "So then, brothers,we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs-heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him."
- Deut. 10:18 "He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing."
- Deut. 24:17 "Do not deprive the foreigner or the fatherless of justice, or take the cloak of the widow as a pledge."
- Deut. 27:19 "Cursed be anyone who perverts the justice due to the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen."
- Psalm 10:14 "But You Yourself have seen trouble and grief, observing it in order to take the matter into Your hands. The helpless entrusts himself to You; You are a helper of the fatherless."
- Psalm 68:5 "A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling."
- Psalm 82:3-4 "Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked."
- Isaiah 1:17 "Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed.Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow."
- Jeremiah 49:11 "But I will protect the orphans who remain among you.Your widows, too, can depend on me for help.”
- John 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you."
- "The gospel of Jesus Christ means our families and churches ought to be at the forefront of the adoption of orphans close to home and around the world. As we become more attuned to the gospel, we'll have more of a burden for orphans. As we become more adoption-friendly, we'll be better able to understand the gospel." Russell D. Moore- Adopted For Life.
My hubby and I have felt the call to adopt since 2010. We feel the urgency for adoption now more than ever. With doors closing with different countries- we feel the time is NOW or we may miss our chance! We recognize if we don't adopt we are being disobedient to a call that God has placed on our life. Our adopted child/children are always on our minds...what a glimpse into our Heavenly Father's eyes! For us Adoption is living out the Gospel!!!